We are excited to get back to church and are looking forward to seeing you and your family and friends!
Here's some helpful info about Church-In-Person:
How we’ve prepared for reopening the church:
- The church has been cleaned thoroughly and all touch points sanitized.
- We will have doors open to limit the contact of common touchpoints and to have good air flow.
- We are limiting the use of the restrooms to one person at a time.
- The seating in the sanctuary has been spaced with respect to the 2m distancing guidelines.
Entering and exiting the church:
- A greeter will be at the door to give instructions. They will be recording the name of each person entering. We will keep these records for 3 weeks. In the event someone does become ill, we will be able to inform everyone so they can take the necessary steps to be safe.
- You will need to go directly to your seat.
- Following the service, we will have those closest to the door leave first and file out row by row, similar to leaving a wedding or funeral. For those who wish to visit, it is encouraged to do that outside the building while maintaining social distancing.
- The library will be open, following the service, for signing out or returning books/videos. There will be a limit of one person/family at a time. Please use the hand sanitizer at the door before entering.
- We will still be running a Zoom Sunday Worship for those that are unable or not comfortable with joining us in person. Click here for more details.
- We will not be having any corporate singing.
- The service will be a little shorter than normal, approximately 45 minutes.
Families with young children:
- Please keep your children with you at all times.
- There will be no Sunday School for the children, but the first room in the nursery will be open for diaper changing and nursing. We ask that only one family use the nursery at a time.
- The offering plate will not be passed. You may use the debit machine or put your cash or cheque offering in the box by the debit machine. Pre-authorized giving and E-transfer are still available.
How you can help:
- Do not attend in person if:
- you have any symptoms of illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat or trouble swallowing, runny nose, loss of taste or smell, not feeling well, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea)
- you have been in contact with someone who is sick or has confirmed COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- returned from travel outside Canada in the past 14 days.
If any of these apply to you, please self-isolate and call Telehealth or your healthcare provider to find out if you need to be tested.
- Come early. As we will need to give instructions and ensure proper distancing as people enter, there may be a line.
- When entering the building, go directly to your seat. If you have a jacket, take it to your seat with you.
- Algoma Public Health encourages the use of masks/face coverings. Physical distancing is still required even when using a mask.